Thursday, January 28, 2010

Today

Today has been a bizarre reminder that everyday is extremely varied, routine is often a futile attempt at control, and relationships never fail to be the bane of my existence. I tried today, for the first time in a while, to invest in the life of someone I am not particularly fond of in an attempt to grow a covenantal community amidst like-minded students. I failed. I got frustrated at the immaturity and frivolity that this particular person was engaged in and simply walked away. I am learning that love requires action to be performed after the feelings are gone, but I am struggling getting a starting point, seeing as the feelings were never their in this particular relationship.
I get frustrated with myself because I fail so frequently, (perpetually would be a better description, I suppose) and I forget that Christ has already covered my failure. Christ is interceding on my behalf right now, and even more perpetually (bet you didn't think that was possible) than I fail. God has a plan devised for this relationship, as well as every other relationship and if I am constantly seeking Him in love, and reveling in the love that He provides, these relationships will unfold in a marvelous and probably unexpected way. Patience. Perseverance. Hope. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment