Sunday, January 17, 2010

Emotions.

How fickle.

How uncontrollable.

How absolutely annoying.


I realize that humanity was created with emotional responses to our surroundings for a reason. Having said this, however, I must express my absolute loathing for the constant popping up of the negative ones at the most inconvenient times. (on a totally unrelated note, I find it so interesting that the English language has a plural form of the word one, which is, by definition, singular) I don't mind feeling sad, or even being overcome with sadness, when the time is proper for me to be sad. I disdain feeling sad for any circumstance that does not actually warrant my sadness.
I feel like most other negative emotions erupt when I am carried away on fantasies that are fueled by pride and arrogance, but sadness... I just cannot figure it out.

1 comment:

  1. i concur friend.
    praying for you. love you. miss you.
    don't get lost in the craziness of life this semester!

    ReplyDelete