Sunday, May 16, 2010

My new friend Anne Marie posted this on her blog a few days ago and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it so here is my rendition:

Outside my window... A thunderstorm is brewing. My God supersedes the weather.

I am thinking... that in two weeks I will be leaving my home to spend time with my family. This is a strange reversal of the norm and another sign that I am growing up.

I am thankful for... My beautiful friends who never cease to amaze me, call me out of my sin, encourage me, and show God's love to me. (And I'm also really thankful for the ibuprofen that cured my headache.)

From the kitchen... today: quesadillas for lunch, Tomorrow: Indian style chicken for dinner.

I am wearing...sweats... as per the usual.

I am creating... essay questions for a final exam. Fabricating is probably the most fitting word, however.

I am going... to sleep for 2 straight weeks as soon as this semester is over.

I am reading... Total Church by Chester and Timmis

I am hoping... solely in the glorious resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I am hearing... Brand New, thanks to Jonathan and Quinny. I love the constantly expanding musical palette of my friends.

Around the house...
What house? I live in a dorm... which is a mess. I did spend an hour scrubbing the bathroom today though, and it felt quite marvelous.

One of my favorite things... Wind. and rain. that is two things, but I think that they are possibly the two coolest phenomena in the world. Air moves fast for no apparent logical reason, making leaves rustle and hair fly and water gathers up into the sky in great fluffy bunches and then falls down to the ground and makes things grow. Incredible.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
finals, finals, and more finals. Hopefully there will be some cooking and joviality thrown in there somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I loved your answers. Sleep for two weeks, amiga! And let's cook together when I visit and/or when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete