Sunday, February 21, 2010

Life lessons in Personal Finance

I really dreaded taking personal finance this semester, but God has been working incredibly through that class. I was working through a lesson a couple of days ago about who our possessions really belong to. This was the point: everything belongs to God. Everything was created by God, for His own glory.
  • If it is God's money, and not my own, will I spend it frivolously on things that I don't need?
  • If it is God's body, will I eat junk and not exercise?
  • If it is God's time, will I spend it watching tv or putting around on Facebook?
  • If it is God's car, will I speed or drive recklessly?
  • If they are God's people, will I treat them abruptly, or as anything less than a magnificent part of God's creation?
These are only a few aspects of life, and they are all phrased in the negative, but if we actually realized our lives don't belong to us, how would we live differently? Just a though.

No comments:

Post a Comment