Saturday, July 10, 2010

Embrace the Life you never planned on.

     In my dreams, life is clean and events culminate according to my desires. Relationships are never one-sided or based solely on emotional frivolity, and mistakes are easily avoided. In real life, however, there are no clean edges. There is very little black and white, and a whole lot of mushy grey. Life is confusion and dirt. it's covered in ants and ambiguity.  I am an imperfect being, surrounded by imperfect beings, in an imperfect world, yet I am constantly caught off guard when life gets a little messy and I can't seem to see through the grime to the sun shining above the clouds.  
     Today I was driving to visit some friends a few hours away, and I was reminded how consistently I take the journey only for the destination. Destinations are perfect and ideal, journeys are often rutted, wagon wheel dirt roads that require effort and energy, and a willingness to live in the moment. 


     I love this song and have listened to it over and over again over the past few months. I love the art and raw emotion that flows together into an outpouring of worship. It reminds me of why we were created, and why I exist, even when life feels so existential and desperate. 



No comments:

Post a Comment