Sunday, August 16, 2009

Effectiveness

I heard an amazing sermon preached this morning on the doctrine of sanctification. I could go on and on about the whole thing, but there was one particular piece that convicted me and encourages me and placed a wholesome blessing on my life:

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1: 5-8
Right now as I am transitioning from one time and place in my life to a completely new and different one, I find myself fearing that I won't be able to find a ministry in which I will be productive and effective for the glorification of the Lord. I worry that I will be so overloaded with classes and work that I won't be able to find the time to have legitimate corporate worship and that my vision and passion for the inner city will die without ever coming to realization. My pursuit of these things, however, will lead to productiveness in my knowledge of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment