Monday, July 6, 2009

Ok Boston

I am sitting in my sister's dorm room, trying not to wake up her sleeping roommate and dreading to the utmost the fact that I have to wake up early tomorrow and get on yet another plane and fly away. I AM TIRED OF FLYING! I believe I have reached 24 flights since January, and I still have two more trips before the summer is over and school starts again. oh boy.
I was reading 1 Corinthians yesterday and fell in absolute awe of it.
And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
I realized that I have absolutely no idea what Paul is talking about here. I feel like my goal is always lofty speech and an outward portrayal of wisdom. And the thing I think I know the least about is Christ crucified. This passage is the exact opposite of my life.
Sometimes I feel like I have come so far and then I experience a passage like this and I am humbled before God and humiliated before myself all over again. How incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment